Adding a portfolio
How to add a new portfolio
You can add additional portfolios from the portfolio drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Please note : that adding new portfolio’s is only available on paid plans such as the Investor plan or Expert plan.
Step 1: Select ‘Create New Portfolio’
Step 2: Fill out Portfolio Details
The following portfolio settings are available when you create a new portfolio. You can edit these settings later via the settings tab if you need to.
- Portfolio Name This is the display name used for the portfolio within Sharesight.
- Tax Residency This is the tax residency of your portfolio and depending on which country you chose it will decide on the portfolio currency (USA, US dollar etc) and its functionality (AU, NZ full functionality, Canada CGT report, all other countries generic CGT and Tax reports)
- Financial Year Choose the month which marks the end of your financial year. For example choosing June as the financial year means the 1 July to 30 June financial year.
- Performance Calculation Method This setting determines whether percentage return figures are calculated using the simple method or the compound method.
4.Tax Entity Type Select your tax entity type to apply the appropriate Capital Gains Tax (CGT) discounts when running the CGT reports.
How to set your portfolio alerts/emails
- Select Settings from the top menu in your account.
- Select ‘Alert Settings’.
- Select your email alert preference between the following or select all of them:
Price alerts are emailed to you if the daily opening share price differs from the closing share price by more than 5%.
The weekly performance summary is emailed to you once a week to give you an overview of your portfolio without having to log into Sharesight.
Company alert events are emailed to you when they occur, for example, dividends or share splits.
4. Click ‘Save’ to save your settings to your portfolio.